This time, Paul Revoir has had help from Adam Sherwin to pad out the story claiming the BBC was 'under fire' over Sunday's episode of Sherlock and that:
Viewers yesterday complained that the BBC had gone too far with the raunchy scenes
But the BBC spokesman quoted towards the end points out that they had not received any formal complaints 'at this stage'. What the Mail has instead is three comments taken from Twitter (out of 8.75million viewers).
So how shocking were these 'raunchy scenes'? If you didn't see the programme, never fear: the Mail has published the key screenshots on its website (in an article posted at 7:37am) and included a 'big blow up picture' on page nine of today's paper.
The comments on the article are overwhelmingly critical of the Mail, with several pointing out the selection of headlines on the right-hand side of MailOnline. These headlines include:
- Victoria Silvstedt's white bikini barely contains her ample curves as she struggles to position herself on a sunlounger (with 20 pictures)
- How does she do it? Jessica Alba shows off amazingly toned abs in tiny bikini just four months after giving birth (12 pictures)
- Yummy mummy! Myleene Klass shows off her famous bikini body as she holidays in Barbados with her two daughters (12 pictures)
- She's all white! Maria Menounos shows off her incredible figure in flirty light bikini in Miami (11 pictures)
- Legally blonde (and curvy!) Reese Witherspoon shows off her enviable figure as she holidays with her children in Hawaii (6 pictures)
- Now that's more like it! Michelle Keegan finally strips to her bikini as she sets sail with fiancé Max George (16 pictures)
As one comment (Chaz McGlover, 10:48) puts it:
At least the nudity in Sherlock had some relevance to the plot, rather than just being an endless parade of women wearing little to nothing, presented as "news".
(Hat-tip to Chris G)