1. Someone sets up a spoof Twitter account for Apple CEO Steve Jobs.
2. They send some tweets.
3. A lazy Mail hack called Richard Ashmore sees one of the joke tweets.
4. He ignores the bit which says: 'Of course, this is a parody account'.
5. Thinking he's got a story, he writes an article based on said tweet.
6. The article gets published.
7. Twitter, people leaving comments on the Mail site and several bloggers (Media Blog, Phil Bradley, Angry Mob) point out Ashmore's error.
8. Mail removes article within a few hours.
9. Onlookers shake their heads, unsure whether to laugh at the incompetence, or cry at the quality of journalism at the Mail.